Thursday 31 March 2016

Beauty Kitchen - Inspire Me Brightening & Toning Bath Oil


As part of my cruelty free project, I've been working with the amazing Beauty Kitchen - a British company making incredible, natural products that smell divine.

One of the products I tried, was this heavenly-smelling bath oil.
I'm usually very dubious about anything that smells good, because as someone living with eczema it will usually upset my extremely temperamental skin. But this is something completely natural, and so I thought it would be safe to give it a go!

Given a rare opportunity for a solo bath once the girls were in bed (mums will know just how rare and special this is!!) I ran a bath with an eggcup-full of the oil, as instructed. I also grabbed a glass of wine, and a few candles - why not eh?!

The smell in the bathroom was just wonderful. A fresh, citrusy and luxurious smell that made my bathroom feel like some sort of exclusive spa.

Lights off (I had candles, remember), clothes off and I sank into the hot water. Ohhhhhhh.

The water felt lovely and silky, and the scent relaxed me instantly. Laid there in the bath with a glass of wine and no two year old ripping off her nappy to climb in with me, and no seven year old trying to use the toilet, it was utter paradise.

I wallowed in the bath for a good forty minutes until it was becoming a little lukewarm, so decided it was time to climb out. At this point I would advise people to be a little steady, I don't have a bath mat in my bath and it had become slightly slippy in there!

But on drying myself, for the first time in as long as I can remember, my skin was soft and hydrated, and I didn't need to apply moisturiser at all!!

This moisturised feeling lasted until the next day, when even after two regular showers (morning and night) I still didn't need to apply any moisturiser. By the second day I was back to using additional creams, but for me to go 36 hours without needing to is absolutely incredible. My skin is usually like paper - cracked, sore and exceptionally dry.

I should also mention here that I smelled divine too! Even Mr W noticed, and usually he wouldn't notice a thing except whether or not I have made his dinner...

I can't recommend it enough! It's definitely going on my wish list.

You can find this wonderful bath oil at the store in Glasgow (117 Saltmarket)
The Beauty Kitchen website
And from selected Holland & Barrett stores in the UK.

L xx

A note from Beauty Kitchen

Silky rich bath & massage oil for skin in need of rejuvenation:

A rejuvenating oil that nourishes and moisturises your body. With Abyssinian oil, lemongrass & grapefruit it's perfect for a bath or massage. Add a few drop to our Pink & Pure Himalayan Salt to create the perfect body exfoliator!

Key ingredients (100% natural, always):

Abyssinian Oil – is a turbo charged version of Argan Oil. A light, non-greasy oil that will hydrate the skin in seconds. Rich in omega 3, it also helps to promote smooth and radiant skin.
Lemongrass – Packed full of vitamins and antioxidants, lemongrass can aid the prevention of skin ageing and pigmentation leaving you with brighter, happier skin.

Package:

The recycled bottle can be reused in whatever creative way you want or recycled.

Disclaimer: I was sent this product for free, for me to use and write a review based on my experience. I was not paid to write this review, and the words and opinions are entirely mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment