Thursday 31 March 2016

Beauty Kitchen - Abyssinian Oil Aroma Facial Concentrate


As part of my cruelty free project, I've been working with the amazing Beauty Kitchen - a British company making incredible, natural products that smell divine.

Another product that I tried out, was this Abyssinian Oil Aroma Facial Concentrate - a small glass bottle with a dropper, filled with oil that smells like Summer!
I was a little worried about rubbing oil into my face, would that not cause breakouts? Or leave me with a shiny face?! I'm conscious that people "in the know" have been huge fans of oils for quite some time, because of their natural properties and the benefits that they offer over off-the-shelf creams and lotions, many of which actually contain nasties that in fact dehydrate your skin. Crazy.

I used the oil twice daily as I have very dry skin, yaaaay eczema, and within just a couple of days, the difference was clearly visible. Already, my skin was more even in appearance, there were far fewer dry and scaly patches, and a very stubborn patch of eczema was around half the size that it had been. 

What magic was this?!

The first time I used the oil I did get myself in a bit of a pickle, but with practice I realised that for me, tipping my head back and gently dropping the oil onto my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose before massaging it in, was the easiest way to apply it! You may prefer to apply it to your fingers first, however me being me it ran everywhere and all over my quilt (don't tell Mr W).

The oil smells incredible, I mentioned before that it smells like Summer and I really think it does. Sort of floral and heady. It also massages in easily, with no greasy sheen or sticky residue. Within a minute or so, the only way you know that you've applied it is that your face smells wonderful and your skin looks and feels great!

This is another going on my wish list, I'm so glad I found it and was able to discover the wonders of using oil in your skincare routine!

You can find this at the store in Glasgow (117 Saltmarket)
And the Beauty Kitchen website

L xx

A note from Beauty Kitchen

Intensive daily hydration and age defense treatment for sensitive, oily or dry skin.

This intensive daily moisturising oil is suitable for all skin types. It contains Abyssinian oil, a turbo charged version of argan oil, magnolia oil and palmarosa to balance the production of sebum and rosehip oil, which help to promote cellular development and collagen synthesis, which is important for keeping skin smooth and supple.

Key ingredients (100% natural, always): 

Abyssinian Oil - A light, non-greasy oil that will hydrate the skin in seconds. Extracted from the seeds of the Abyssinian plant, the oil is high in fatty acids and promotes smooth, supple skin.
Sweet Almond Oil – Packed full of vitamins and antioxidants, this oil is great at nourishing dehydrated skin and helps to renew skin cells which has an anti-ageing effect on the skin.

Packaging:

This cute glass jar can be reused or recycled.

Disclaimer: I was sent this product for free, for me to use and write a review based on my experience. I was not paid to write this review, and the words and opinions are entirely mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment