Wednesday 2 March 2016

Barry M - Flawless Finish Foundation (Matte)

I love makeup. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved being able to use different colours and tools to create whatever look takes my fancy. I've gone from sweet and innocent, to full on goth, to a little bit edgy, and back to fairly tame. But it always has to be good quality makeup.

Did you know that the chemicals in your makeup enter your bloodstream less than 30 seconds after you have applied the product to your skin? Worth thinking about.

I recently decided to give the Barry M foundation range a whirl. I had heard great things and it's very reasonably priced as well as being cruelty free, so it seemed like a no brainer.

I have odd skin - super sensitive, very dry and eczema prone, but with fairly frequent breakouts. I can't afford to mess about with it or I end up with sore, painful rashes that can take weeks to clear up. So I have to have serious faith in the products I choose.

I opted for the Barry M Flawless Finish Foundation, which promised me "an oil free formulation, containing soothing moisturisers with skin healing properties, for a flawless matte finish".

The foundation goes on like a dream. It's in a handy pump-action bottle; one and a half pumps is enough to cover my face, and it blends seamlessly to give a perfectly smooth finish. I finished with Barry M Flawless Matte Perfecting Powder, and that was that.

Applied at 6.30am, after a full day at work (in and out of hot, humid environments), walking the dogs and going about my usual business, at 9pm my makeup still looked pretty much perfect. I have honestly never known that before!

And after three weeks of using this foundation daily, my skin is in much better condition. It is no longer flaky and dry, and other than "that time of the month" I haven't had a single breakout!

This foundation is RRP £5.99, and is available in Boots, Superdrug and online from Barry M.

Definitely a thumbs up from me.

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment