Wednesday 23 March 2016

Marigold Latex Free Gloves


If you have eczema, like me, you'll know what an absolute nightmare cooking and cleaning can be. The copious amounts of hand washing, the effect of detergents and cleaning fluids on your hands - and if you're extra unlucky and have a latex allergy like me, you won't even be able to turn to trusty "rubber gloves" to help alleviate some of this.
My hands are an utter mess. The skin is thin and weak from lifelong use of steroid creams and various prescribed lotions and potions to try and keep my skin under some sort of control, and with two children, two dogs and a passion for food - you can imagine how much cooking, cleaning, and hand washing is involved!

They are often cracked and bleeding; so painful that I don't even know what to do with them. Ouch.

And then I came across these fancy new Marigolds, which are completely and utterly latex free! *hallelujah*

All I can say is, what a revelation. Thanks to these nifty gloves, I can wash up and clean without my poor hands being subjected to some sort of medieval torture. They are thin enough to allow you to feel what you are doing and avoid any washing up mishaps, but thick enough to be tough. I caught one of the fingers on my super sharp chef knife whilst washing up and expected to be having to throw them away... Nope - not a mark on them!

The gloves are comfortable to wear, there is no strange odour like you might expect from traditional rubber gloves, and they are a completely inoffensive pale blue.

They protect your hands from high temperature water to an extent too - I could wash up with scalding water without any problems. Ideal for those greasy dishes, or chopping boards I have used for cutting raw meat.

For someone who struggles as much as I do with my skin and keeping on top of house jobs, they are a dream come true. I loved them so much that I have since sourced a few more pairs - for cleaning my bathrooms, and some spares for just in case!

You can buy these great gloves from Amazon and Ocado, and they're a snip at just £3.

Definitely something I'd recommend, give them a go & let me know what you think!

L xx

Disclaimer: I was sent these gloves for free, for me to use and write a review based on my experience. I was not paid to write this review, and the words and opinions are entirely mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment