Tuesday 15 March 2016

David Swimwear


As many mums out there will agree, having babies can leave you very self conscious of your tum! No amount of exercise or dieting has ever managed to get my slightly baggy "mum pouch" to completely disappear, and this is obviously something that is on my mind when considering swimwear.

In recent years, I have opted for tankinis and swimming costumes, as they hide the mum pouch rather than letting it all sit on display like a bikini would - but I have struggled to find anything I like, and if I'm honest, the pouch is still pretty visible through the flimsy layer of lycra.

And then I came across this absolutely stunning swimming costume.

The purple is vibrant, I would call it a royal purple, with delicate gold detailing that just catches the light. Think classy chic, not bingo bling - it's a tricky one to describe but the gold is subtle and beautiful on the costume.

And then I tried it on. It felt like I was adding another layer of me! I've never felt such a high-quality swimming costume. There was none of the usual niggles where you feel like you've got a bit of bum cheek hanging out, or your cleavage looks uneven - it fit like a dream.

The material feels luxurious, the stitching is immaculate, and it has some very clever shapewear magic going on too - not that you would know it as it looks incredibly glamorous and not at all like the big granny pants I mentally associate with shapewear. My mum pouch was entirely hidden!

So I'll be totally honest, I strutted into the swimming pool feeling like a million dollars.

The swimming costume was comfortable to wear to swim, and play with my two young children, and there was no discomfort at all. I usually find that I have seams digging in slightly after a while, but there were no such issues with this swimming costume. Plus, I received a number of compliments from other ladies in the pool too!

When it came to washing, the label states handwash. I dutifully did so and the costume came up as good as new. It dried quickly on the airer, and I'm already excited to wear it again!

This swimming costume is made by David Swimwear, an Italian designer whose pieces feature "luxury embellishments [that make] them all feel that little bit extra special". I certainly felt extra special in this beautiful swimming costume!

You can find this, and other stunning David Swimwear, here.

L xx


Disclaimer: I was sent this swimming costume for free, for me to use and write a review based on my experience. I was not paid to write this review, and the words and opinions are entirely mine. As much as I would like to tell you that the attractive lady in the photo above is me, it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment