Thursday 10 March 2016

This year's resolutions

This year, for the first time in a long time, I made some resolutions. I find the whole thing very cliched - "oh this year I'll be successful", "this year I'll give up drinking", "this year I'll give up chocolate".


Bull. Shit.

I mentioned a while back that I had become rather stuck in a rut, and it made me realise that this year, I needed to make some resolutions and stick to them, I needed a written goal to push me forward and get me going, to keep me going, to get me out of the rut and back on track.

By telling you about these resolutions, I really need to get my arse into gear and make them happen! There are five, and here they are...

What are yours?

L xx

1. Get fit
I can barely run up the stairs without feeling as though I'm going to die from heart failure. That's disgusting! I've taken up running again, although it's more intervals of slow jogging interspersed with brisk walking, but I am determined. The ultimate cherry on the cake would be to complete the Great North Run this year, but baby steps..!

2. Lose at least two stone
In the last eighteen months I have put on three stone. I feel absolutely GROSS. So I am working on that. I don't want to take it too far and I certainly don't want to be "skinny", just feel happier in my skin.

3. Get a new qualification
I never went to uni - that's a whole different story - and I want to continue learning for as long as possible. This year I have already completed two distance learning courses, and now have my eye on a diploma.

4. Be bold
Just bite the bullet and live in the moment! So far I have cut off my long, long hair and have started wearing bright lipstick. We'll see what else happens.

5. Visit a new country
Not necessarily anywhere exotic, just different. I've never been to Ireland, or Italy, or the Netherlands. I'd love to explore somewhere new.

2 comments:

  1. I decided to defy tradition this year and posted about an Anti-Bucket List, I'm just that dreadful at keeping up with resolutions haha! x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! As I mention above, I am usually really against resolutions, but this year something needed to give! (Mostly my over-sized tum)

    L xx

    ReplyDelete