Sunday 20 March 2016

Seven Year Old Perspective


Sometimes, you need a reality check. You can run around cleaning up spills, making dinners, loading and unloading the dishwasher, doing endless laundry, wiping dirty faces and cuddling your babies - but at the end of the day you sit back exhausted, and if you're anything like me, you'll feel a little unappreciated.
The kids don't care that I got up at 6am to walk the dogs, make packed lunches, empty the dishwasher, get them up and dressed and out of the door on time. They don't care that I went to work for eight and a half hours. They don't care that I came home, walked the dogs, made dinner, did reading and homework and practised spellings, bathed them, got them to bed, cleaned the kitchen and put some washing on - before I even considered parking myself on the sofa for a breather.

Do they?

I decided to ask seven year old R a few questions. The answers made me cry. A lot.

Try it with your children; what do they have to say about you?

L xx

What does mummy say to you a lot?
That you love me.

What is the best thing about mummy?
When you cuddle me.

What don't you like about mummy?
Nothing.

What does mummy do for you?
Everything.

What is your favourite thing to do with mummy?
Play tea parties with you.

What makes mummy happy?
When I work hard.

What makes mummy sad?
When I am poorly.

How old do you think mummy is?
97

What is something that mummy likes to do?
Spend time with me.

If you could tell mummy anything, what would it be?
That I like what you wear, it always makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment