Sunday 20 March 2016

15 things every mum says


As a child, it used to drive me crazy that from my point of view, my mum recycled the same fun-killing or nagging expressions time after time after time. They would really grate on me - what was wrong with trying to dangle out of my bedroom window? Or riding the dog? Or eating squirty cream straight from the can?

I always swore that I would never use those expressions, but time after time, I open my mouth and my mother comes out!

I'm sure you can relate - have you said any of these lately? Or do you have some "mum-isms" of your own?

L xx

15 things every mum says


  1. We'll see. (This basically means "No, but I don't want you to have a tantrum so I'll be evasive")
  2. You'll have someone's eye out with that!
  3. Just you wait until your dad gets home.
  4. Who's she? The cat's mother?
  5. You make a better door than a window.
  6. Were you born in a barn?
  7. Well I'm finishing it! (In response to "she started it!")
  8. What I say goes.
  9. Do as I say, not as I do.
  10. If they told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?!
  11. Do you think I was born yesterday?
  12. I'm not as stupid as you look.
  13. Waste not, want not.
  14. Santa's watching.
  15. Don't you DARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment