Tuesday 15 March 2016

Chillipeeps Spout


I came across Chillipeeps via Twitter, and was indescribably excited. This was surely the invention that I had been waiting for!


As the mum of two small children, with the youngest just coming up 2, I know what an absolute nightmare it is if you are out and about and have forgotten to take a drink, or you are on a plane, or have taken a drink refill but forgotten the cup for example. Trying to get a young toddler to drink from a bottle of water without you, them and everyone in the vicinity becoming unwitting participants in a wet t-shirt contest, is akin to asking an elephant to knit - good luck.

So on the arrival of this fabulous little invention (first class post too), I was eager to try it out!

All I can say is, how on earth did I ever manage without it?!

The spout comes with a lid (which can stay on when the spout is fitted to a bottle, to keep it clean) as well as another "lid" for the screw area at the bottom, to protect little fingers when this part isn't attached to a drink. It has different, easily detachable segments that allow it to fit numerous bottle and carton types - making it truly versatile.

We tried it on Highland and Evian water - it fit like a dream with no leakage or issue. We also affixed it to a carton of ready-made Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk - the screw attachment just screwed through the foil seal and again, no leaks or problems.

In terms of cleaning, I simply placed the different components in the cutlery section of my dishwasher. It came out as good as new, and was ready to go again.

We no longer sterilise for S as she is over 12 months old, however I did whip out the steriliser to double check that it would pass the test, and yes, no problems whatsoever.

The Chillipeeps spout was such a hit with S, that she has been demanding to use it all the time! We have been refilling an Evian bottle with regular tap water so that she can continue to use the spout - "me like pout" - you heard it from the girl herself!

The spouts (and teats for younger children/babies) are available on the Chillipeeps website. You can also follow them on Facebook & Twitter!

I am honestly not surprised that this clever little invention has won an impressive number of awards, they certainly have my seal of approval. I'll be buying the replacement spouts for when S inevitably wears this one out (but judging by the quality, I doubt that will be too soon).

L xx


Disclaimer - Chillipeeps sent me a 3-in-1 spout for free, for me to use and write a review based on my experience. I was not paid to write this review, and the words and opinions are entirely mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment