Tuesday 3 February 2015

Salad. But good.

Every year starts with the intention to eat well, exercise more, and drink less. By January 2nd that's all gone out of the window and I'm snuggled up on the sofa in my comfies, stuffing my face with chocolate and glugging wine.


Ok, maybe it's not that extreme (it's not, I promise!), but I do lose interest in being super health conscious pretty quickly. For one thing, I just don't have time! And for another, it's insanely boring.

But here's a slightly naughty twist on a boring salad, that made me feel a little less guilty for liking food that tastes awesome. Don't ask me how many calories are in this, as if I think about it too much I will probably cry.

L xx

Bacon & asparagus salad with lemon mayonnaise




  1. Grill three rashers of bacon until crispy, then cut into small pieces.
  2. Blanch asparagus.
  3. In a bowl, mix baby leaf salad, chopped tomato, diced red pepper, chopped avocado, grated Granny Smith apple, chopped spring onion, and the bacon pieces.
  4. Turn out onto a plate and place the asparagus on top.
  5. In a small cup or bowl, mix a tablespoon of mayonnaise with half a tablespoon of lemon juice until combined.
  6. Pour the lemon mayo over the salad & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment