Saturday 23 May 2015

Would you like cheese with that?

I'm very fortunate to have a pretty epic job, working in an industry I am both passionate about and really enjoy. Going to work every day is something to look forward to (as much as I miss my children), and Monday morning is a friend rather than a foe.


It's safe to say that I will spend a chunk of my salary each month on the utterly delicious cheeses and butter from work (yup, bye bye waistline), and I've come across some really fantastic food combinations & uses for the cheese - ones that I thought it would be great to share with you.

Yorkshire Wensleydale

  • Crumble into the fruit in a pie or crumble, prior to baking.
  • Add a slice to your Christmas cake (yes, really!)
  • Slice & layer in blind baked pastry tartlets, with sun dried tomatoes, and bake.
  • Add the Oak Smoked variety to a bacon and grilled tomato sandwich.


Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries

  • Add to a bacon sandwich - it's the British equivalent of a bacon, brie & cranberry sandwich. But better.
  • Use to stuff chicken breasts - even tastier if you wrap in parma ham or bacon before cooking.
  • Crumble up & mix with sausage meat, enclose in pastry and bake.


Wensleydale Blue

  • Use to top a jacket potato, with caramelised onions and some Yorkshire ham.
  • Add to a steak sandwich.
  • Crumble over your roast beef, ten minutes before you remove the meat from the oven.


I accept absolutely no responsibility for what this knowledge may do to your hips! Enjoy.

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment