Tuesday 30 May 2017

Cruelty Free Facial - Review


This review has been a long time coming - I've been a bad, bad blogger of late and not been writing. Life stuff but it's all under control.

Anyways - I've written about my beautiful friend Emma before, when she shared her cruelty free face mask recipe with me. She's an utter legend, and invited me to her beautiful beauty room Gold Holistic Beauty & Massage at Origin Health Club in Ripon, North Yorkshire, for a facial.

I'm usually really funny about people touching me - let's be clear, I am NOT a hugger. So I was a bit nervous...

Obviously I've known Emma for years, like 17 of them to be precise. The welcome was warm, and I instantly felt relaxed. The room is light and airy, with true Emma-style touches everywhere. The facial itself was ridiculously relaxing. I am a massive stress head and never sit still for more than five minutes, but it was like a veil of calm over me.

First she cleansed my skin using a cream made from natural plant extracts, before massaging. I've never had my face massaged before! All of the products Emma uses are 100% vegan, cruelty free and organic, including the cotton wool used to wipe off the cleanser and the water.

And my skin has been amazing ever since - no breakouts, no drama, and barely any need to moisturise. Even after a week in the Emirati sun!

It's safe to say that I am a facial convert. I was dubious about what the actual benefits would be, other than just enjoying a nice little pampering session... I'll definitely be going back, and really encourage you to try it too!

L xx

The technical stuff:

  • Massage techniques used were ancient aryuvedic movements to drain toxins and stimulate rejuvenation deep below the surface of the face to promote whole body health, not just aesthetic benefits.
  • Bamboo facial massage method used, which uses fine miniature bamboo canes to stimulate surface of skin and target pressure points. This helps stimulate facial muscles and aids anti ageing from deep within rather than just skin deep lines.
  • Chlorophyll kale and macs root extracts penetrate into deeper layer of skin and deliver essential vitamins.
  • Marula and kendi oils reduce redness and calm any irritation.
  • Green coffee and Tamanu oil accelerate skin repair.
  • The water used to rinse contains rose quartz crystals to add skin clarifying properties and is contained in an organic bamboo bowl.
  • Bamboo canes used for massage also contain organic bamboo silica that helps to tone skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment