Monday 20 March 2017

Chunky Monkey


I first realised I'd put a considerable amount of weight on when I couldn't get my arms through the arm holes in a dress that had always fitted baggily.

I'm happy to be curvy, and to carry a little extra. I've had two babies and I love food, so it kinda goes with the territory. But I absolutely draw the line at my latest fun discovery - I can't really breathe when I bend over to put socks and shoes on.

Oh and when I take a selfie - pretty frequent let's be honest - I've got that many chins going on it's like a Snapchat filter all of its own.

I hopped on the scales and rapidly hopped off again. I weigh more now than I did at nine months pregnant. Jesus.

I'm crap at dieting because I simply love food and cooking and eating in general. Initially I tried Slimfast, but I kept pretending that fruit scones with jam and cream were a 100 calorie snack, or that three platefuls of roast dinner was only 600 calories. Sooooo that didn't go to plan.

Instead I've made some smart changes with my food - I now have breakfast! *straightens tie* Porridge made with almond milk (and a tiny dash of maple syrup), with a few berries thrown in for good measure. I've started eating things like grilled chicken breast with wholemeal rice for lunch. And just being smarter with dinner; grilling not frying, FryLite instead of vegetable oil. And the biggie - no wine in the week.

I've joined the gym. Hilarious. The instructor asked me my fitness level, and I snorted "currently die running up stairs". She just blinked. It's hard work but I'm enjoying it, it's a personal victory to shave a few seconds off the 3 mile run I limp through, or to complete a full bike ride at a higher "difficult level". To anyone watching me I'm sure it's comedy gold. Boobs and hair and sweat everywhere.

Week one and I lost an inch off my waist and 5lbs in total. I can live with this new regime if it carries on like this...

Also - if you take a selfie from slightly above looking down, the chins disappear!

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment