Monday 20 May 2019

The dating game




So, I definitely never expected to be.... here.

Long term relationship, a child, it broke down. Marriage, another beautiful child, it broke down. Thought I found the love of my life - turned out he was a total chump.

So now, I’m 30. I really thought I’d have my shit together by now but who the hell was I kidding?


Online dating is BRUTAL. Tinder, Bumble, POF, Hinge... lots of swiping based on shallow opinion, unsolicited dick pics, getting ghosted just before you’re supposed to meet up. It’s exhausting and really fucks with your self esteem!

I have a mum body, I like eating cheese and drinking wine, my body hasn’t played ball recently so I’ve not even been able to walk let alone do any proper exercise. Long story short - I feel bleugh.

The problem is letting go when you do actually meet someone. It’s really hard to believe someone is genuinely interested and not just after a buddy. It’s tricky to trust anyone at all.

So what do we do? Suck it up and carry on? Do we just suffer quietly and wonder what the hell is happening, stuck in some sort of shitty limbo? We’ll see.

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment