Wednesday 14 December 2016

My Mushroom Pate


I love the idea of pate, but really struggle to eat it because I can't stand offal. As such, I've played around with a few ingredients and come up with my own vegetarian one that's absolutely delicious and so, so easy to make!

It's tasty on crackers, in sandwiches, on bruschetta... I love it on lightly toasted granary bread, topped with crispy bacon, gherkin, and sliced tomato.

Give it a whirl & let me know what you think!

L xx

Ingredients
250g mushrooms
1 large red onion
3 cloves garlic
250g garlic & herb cream cheese
2 slices white bread
Salt & pepper to taste

Method

  1. Chop the mushrooms, onion and garlic.
  2. Mix together in an oven dish, drizzle with oil, and roast at 180c for 20 mins.
  3. Drain away any liquid, then transfer to a food processor/blender.
  4. Add the bread, torn into rough chunks, and blend until smooth.
  5. Add the cream cheese, salt and pepper, and then blend until fully combined.
  6. Transfer to a small dish, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate.
  7. Best left overnight to set and to allow the flavours to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment