Wednesday 30 December 2015

One Pan Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Rice

So I couldn't think of a creative name for this - all I can say is... Wow.

I discovered the recipe on Facebook of all places, one of those timelapse videos, and thought - that sounds amazing. I tinkered with the recipe a little, after all, I am a fussy bugger, and came up with the recipe below. It's delicious!! And only needs one pan, so minimal washing up - which is ideal in my eyes!


The original recipe is American and uses "US cups" - I have a handy measuring cup I found online from Amazon (other retailers are available yadda yadda...).

My daughters love this, and even Mr W enjoys it - and usually he's rather sniffy when I try to force feed him vegetables...

Have a go & let me know what you think!

L xx


Ingredients
300g chicken fillets, cut into bitesize pieces
1 red onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cup rice - any kind, but I like to use basmati
1 cup Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, grated/crumbled
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
4 cups boiling water
1 chicken "stock pot"
2 cups broccoli florets

Method

  1. In a teaspoonful of vegetable oil, gently fry the garlic, onion & chicken until lightly browned.
  2. Season well with salt and pepper.
  3. Add the rice, water, stock pot and half of the Yorkshire Wensleydale and cheddar cheese.
  4. Stir well and cook on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes (until rice is almost cooked), stirring occasionally.
  5. Add the broccoli, stir through and cook for a further 2 minutes.
  6. Stir, scatter the remaining cheese over the top, and place under the grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
  7. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment