Friday 11 December 2015

Slingsby Gin


I was given a bottle of Slingsby Gin as an early Christmas gift, and have to be honest, I had never heard of it! But I was so intrigued by the beautiful bottle, and the fact that it is made fairly locally to me - in Harrogate. So of course, I simply had to taste it as soon as responsibly possible (i.e. not whilst at work, driving or in charge of two small children) and tell you about it!


The strapline for Slingsby Gin is "The spirit of Harrogate" - so I was expecting big things. Harrogate has long been known as the town where the streets are paved with gold, a beautiful town boasting stunning historical buildings, Roman spa baths, and glorious parks that seem to have come from another era - one which we most certainly remember with our rose tinted spectacles.

I was told that the best accompaniment for the gin was Fever Tree tonic water. I'll be brutally honest, I usually buy the supermarket's brand of tonic water as I didn't believe that spending an extra pound for a branded bottle was actually worth my time. Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

So I headed off to my local store on the way home, purchased some Fever Tree, and also a lime. The serving suggestion is with a twist of grapefruit peel, but as much as I am prepared to experiment with tonic water, I simply can't have a gin and tonic without lime!

The result - utter heaven. A truly wonderful blend of flavours that blew me away. The botanical notes of the gin were divine, a really decadent treat for a Thursday night. I've honestly never had a G&T like it, and I have enjoyed many a tipple over the years!

In short - you simply must try Slingsby Gin. It's a little more pricey than your average Gordons or Beefeater, but then this is no average drink! It truly is a case of getting what you pay for, and I'd happily treat myself to this over another gin any day!


Slingsby Gin Website

No comments:

Post a Comment