Saturday 27 February 2016

An early midlife crisis

Has anyone else experienced an early midlife crisis, or is it just me?


I didn't think this happened to women?

I've felt sort of stuck in a rut for quite some time, steadily piling on weight, feeling disinterested in most things, just living my little life in a stuck routine that never changed.

And then one day I woke up, got rid of my glasses and opted for contacts, went and had my hair cut short, changed its colour, started wearing bright lipstick, and threw out most of my clothes. I've also gone on a healthy eating kick (I hate the word "diet" but that's essentially what it is). I've planned some new tattoos, and would have probably gone down the piercing route if it wasn't for them being forbidden at work.

Is this normal?!

I feel like I have completely reinvented myself over the space of a few weeks. I'm not sure if it's really helped, but I do feel like I'm on the other side of the rut at least. But what's to come? What's next?

Has this happened to anyone else? I'd love to know.

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment