Friday 2 December 2016

It's been a while

I haven't checked in for a while. If I'm honest, I needed the break. Things have changed around here...

The blog has a new look and feel, my profile has been updated, Twitter and Instagram handles are different...

Oh, and I am now a single parent.

Sometimes, life gets in the way of what it takes to make you happy. People change, circumstances alter, and you realise that what you thought was your fairytale happy ending isn't actually that at all. And let's be honest, we all know that life is too short to not make the absolute most of every moment.

The last few months have been cripplingly hard. There was no other person involved, no abuse, no cheating, no anything. Just two people that had become friends instead of lovers. Two people that had begun to live parallel lives. Two jigsaw pieces that didn't fit together anymore.

I can't and won't fault Mr W. I also won't air my dirty laundry in public (why do people do that?!). The ins and outs of what happened will, on my part at least, remain between us.

It's a brave and bold move to up sticks and get the hell out of dodge. It took me a long time and a lot of sleepless nights. You don't stop loving someone overnight, and if I am honest, I'll always love him. He's the exceptionally fantastic father to one of my beautiful children. He was my best friend before we fell in love, and I won't forget that. We built a home and a family, and life was good.

I find myself in the uncomfortable knowledge that I have two children to two fathers, and I am a single parent. It's not as shocking in this day and age maybe, but it's never what I intended. I didn't go into marriage thinking, oh this will do for now. It took all of my courage and strength to walk away from that. Especially after going through that as a child.

But I am here and I am strong. I have two gorgeous children that are the reason I get up every day. They make me smile on the days that I would rather hide under my bed and not have to adult. For the most part, my black dog is tightly locked away.

I have realised just how many incredible friends I have. They stepped up and stepped in and I have never felt alone for a second.

So let's drink to a new beginning, a new chapter, a fresh page. To quote The Fray - "Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same". Let's go girls, it is on.

L xx


No comments:

Post a Comment