Tuesday 30 August 2016

A Fresh Scoop


I've been doing lots of work with an awesome new brand called Fresh Naturals recently. Based in Leeds and run by Fliss (who seems just as mad as me - winner), the business sells cruelty free bath and beauty products, without the high price tag!



Fliss sent a batch of goodies, and even Mr W was amazed at how good the box smelled when it arrived. I literally could not wait to get stuck in, so as soon as I had packed the kids off to bed and finished my daily victory dance, I started the bath running and got to work.

I suffer greatly with eczema and dry skin, and of course am 100% committed to using cruelty free products. So it's exciting to look at the ingredients list for Fliss' range. Don't roll your eyes, to a bona fide cruelty free/natural geek, seeing things like "palm free" is EXCITING. Kinda like when a boy goes for a sit down wee.

First up - the soap. Smells incredible and nothing nasty added whatsoever. It's SLS free (more info on that to come in another post), so doesn't dry your skin, and of course those bunnies were safe too.

Natural soap doesn't usually lather all that well, but this one produced a lovely thick and creamy lather that felt luxurious on my skin. It smelled incredibly citrusy and fresh too, and the ultimate winning feature... I didn't feel the need to moisturise after my bath! It's pretty much unheard of.

I used the avocado & olive oil sugar scrub to get rid of any dry and rough skin, and the results were immediate. These sugar scrubs are perfect, but you need to let them soak in some warm water first so that the sugar begins to dissolve - otherwise you're going to feel tortured rather than pampered! I'll be posting a full guide on using these scrubs just as soon as I can tear myself away from them and the bathroom; I genuinely cannot get enough.

The bath bomb I used, that you can see in the picture, is the Destress, Relax & Unwind bath bomb, handmade in the UK with sweet almond, ylang ylang, clary sage and rose petals. The smell was simply divine and seriously relaxed me as I lay back in the bath with one ear listening for murderous screams from my two monsters.

There is a huge range of soaps to choose from on the Fresh Naturals website, as well as bath bombs, sugar scrubs, face masks... and accessories too - bath bombs and salts come with free buffer bags which stop the little "bits" from floating around in your bath. Personally I enjoy the floaty stuff, but my OCD hubby would have a fit if he went to get in a bath and it was full of rose petals.

I can't wait to try more of these incredible products, and I'll keep you posted on my findings. In the meantime, please check out the website and peruse the range. You'll be amazed at what there is on offer!

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment